A fond look back at all the the things that had ultra-P.C. jihadists OUTRAGED ... before they forget all about them in just a few days.
By: Jimbo X
Racism ... it's everywhere, including places it actually isn't
Fascistic white prejudice is such an ingrained part of American culture that even though we're having a really, really hard time finding concrete examples of it, we still have to remind ourselves on a daily basis that we've hardly made any progress at all since the Jim Crow era. I mean, sure, racism isn't technically codified in our laws anymore and most of the criminal justice "inequalities" drudged up all the time can usually be explained away in two or three Google searches. And yes, many of our educational institutions have actually given African-American students considerable entitlements (to the detriment of other minorities), but damn it, if the ghastly auger of racism isn't bearing down on us at all times, how else are we going to be able to discuss the root causes of things like the disproportionate black homicide rate, and African-Americans' higher levels of unemployment and lower levels of educational attainment? Rather than dare suggest that the breakdown of the African-American family has created a widespread culture of failure where expectations are lowered to the point of abject nihilism, it's a whole lot easier to pin the blame on old whitey, who by now, has wised up to all that Civil Rights hullabaloo and found newer, more secretive ways to hold the black man (and woman, and transwoman, and transman, and the occasional Transformer, too) down. What ways am I talking about, you may be pondering? Well, here's just a few glimpses into what constitutes "racism" in the post-post-modern era...
- An ad campaign for Ellen DeGeneres' Gap Kids clothing line has been yanked for what detractors described as "passive racism." What made the advertising so offensive, you ask? It featured a white girl leaning on a black girl.
- National Public Radio - which, for those of you not in the know, is funded by Americans' tax dollars - recently ran an article titled "When is it OK to Profit From Cooking Other Cultures' Foods?," which asked that oh-so-pressing question "is it racist to serve [insert Ethnic food here] if you aren't [insert Ethnic group?]" Under that logic, do you think NPR will run a follow-up column pondering whether or not it is insensitive appropriation for non-white people to use the Internet, the iPhone, Twitter, or WordPress?
- In an attempt to locate repressed racism in the heart and souls of medical students, a recent PANAS study revealed that first-year Caucasians held all sorts of erroneous beliefs about black people - which, despite being lower than the percentage of the general population who believed such things or the fact that these beliefs went down considerably the longer said students were in school - we are told is nonetheless a reason to be gravely concerned about health care discrepancies. Not to be outdone, Johns Hopkins University also released a "study" indicating that white teachers - especially those goddamn, hate-fueled male ones - tend to have lower expectations for African-American students. Surely, this is the only possible reason why black males under-perform academically in America.
- Media commentators and Twitter users alike have called universally despised pop singer Justin Bieber "racist" for sporting bleach-blonde dreadlocks. This, despite the fact that Ancient Greeks, Spartans and early Christians ascetics were all wearing them before Africans.
"Body shaming" is a term created by
- In jolly old England, 31-year-old, nearly 400-pound Amy Murray is asking the public to help fiance her gastric bypass surgery. Her GoFundMe plans took a hit, however, when it was revealed she and her husband were planning on taking a luxury cruise before her alleged "life-saving" procedure took place.
- Overrated, joke-thieving Hollywood starlet Amy Schumer is none too happy with Glamour magazine after they described her as "plus-sized." Schumer - did I mention that she's a confirmed plagiarist? - took offense to the statement, although she was careful to not sound too offended she was called fat, because that would technically be a form of body shaming itself. Rather, Schumer said that, categorically, "plus sized" meant size 16 and up, and since she was just a size 6 or 8, describing her as fat set a bad example for impressionable, self-conscious young girls.
- Over in the U.K., the not at all totalitarian-sounding Advertising Standards Agency has banned a Gucci ad for featuring a model they deemed 'unhealthily thin.' This, after a gym advertisement suggesting hypothetical alien invaders would eat "the fat ones first" drew similar criticisms.
- 14-year-old Indianan student Tessa Embry - who weighs 175 pounds and is roughly 5'7 - was aghast an in-class assignment revealed her B.M.I. was in the obese range. Rather than accept that her body weight was unhealthy, she instead wrote a lengthy screed for homework labeling the entire science of body mass indexing prejudicial. Of course, the childish affront to mathematical reality went viral soon thereafter.
- What's the worst that could come about from narcissists ignorantly shying away from the inherent unhealthiness of their ways and crying "persecution!" every time someone dare criticize them for weighing as much as a small hippopotamus, you might be wondering? Well, a recent World Health Organization report put it pretty bluntly: since 1980, the worldwide cases of diabetes has skyrocketed from 104 million to an astronomical 422 million in 2014. Nearly one out of 10 adults on planet Earth now have diabetes, with higher-than-normal blood glucose levels being directly responsible for almost 4 million totally preventable deaths a year.
Of course, who are we to scoff at lard-asses who voluntarily decide to stuff their bellies with a surfeit of foodstuffs and engage in less physical activity than your aggregate quadriplegic? Rather, we should embrace these fat-asses with open arms and cherish their alternative lifestyle, being sure to never, ever make them feel an ounce of sorrow for having blood sugar consistencies akin to the contents of a hummingbird feeder. I mean, it's not like obesity-related illnesses account for one-fifth of all health care costs in the United States and represent a completely avoidable taxpayer burden or anything...
Your regularly scheduled dose of #BLM hilarity
- The spouse of Democratic Presidential candidate Hilary Clinton - and to date, the absolute blackest Commander-in-Chief the United States has ever had - Bill Clinton went off on #BlackLivesMatter protesters who had the gall to heckle him during a recent stump speech in Philadelphia. After being decried for signing the 1994 Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act - which detractors say led to an increase in the number of African-Americans behind bars, even though mass incarceration was on an upswing years before Clinton's legislation became the law of the land - he fired back at demonstrators, unapologetically stating the act did it exactly what it was intended to by sweeping violent drug dealers off the street. "I don't know how you would categorize the gang leaders who got 13-year-old kids hopped up on crack and sent them out on the street to murder other African-American children," he said to the roaring approval of the audience. After the regressive left took Clinton to task for his emotional outburst/blunt statement of factual information, he later stated that he "almost wants to apologize" for his remarks.
- Toronto-based #BLM big wig Yusra Khogali says the MAN is trying to "de-legitimize" the movement by bringing to light a rather unsavory tweet she sent out a few months ago. "Plz Allah give me strength to not cuss/kill these men and white folk out here today. Plz Plz Plz," the dispatch read. "The noise surrounding this tweet has ... drowned out the discussion we sought to spark," she said in a halfhearted mea culpa. Still, Khogali is doing a lot better than some other African-North-Americans who expressed a desire for Caucasoid genocide: in Maryland, a judge ordered 20-year old Carlos Hollins to probation after he sent out a tweet gleefully stating "Kill all White People."
- In Minneapolis, about 30 #BLM protesters - nearly all of whom were white - protested an April 11 Minnesota Twins game. After blocking light rail transit for about half an hour, 25 demonstrators were arrested. Outside of wanting to show off their fancy "white silence kills" poster boards, no one really knows what the hell they were trying to accomplish.
- Not a whole lot is happening in Albany, N.Y. these days. According to a Times Union account, #BLM organizer Rosa Clemente was pissed to high heaven Bernie Sanders didn't mention the name of a local African-American kid who died after being tasered last year or another African-Albanian who was given a nine-year-prison sentence for stealing a pair of sneakers. Direct quote from the article: "'To be in Albany, N.Y., and not mention that Dontay Ivy was killed less than one mile from here, when you met with the family, when you said you would mention that...,' Clemente added before trailing off."
Huh ... is it just me, or are these #BLM demonstrations/manufactured outrages becoming more and more half-assed? Hey, even pretending to be upset over nonexistent injustices tends to wear you out after awhile, I suppose...
No need to panic when it comes to Hispanics?
According to the media narrative, Hispanic immigrants - legal or otherwise - are merely hard-working, God-fearing, decent folks simply looking to improve their lot in life by partaking of the manual (Manuel?) labor offered in the U.S. that we're constantly told "other workers" do not want. Alas, not every Julio and Pedro who pole vaults across the border is a family man seeking to save his family from starvation, one landscaping gig at a time. Here are a couple of recent stories involving Hispanic individuals who appear to be taking another job from the U.S. natural born - that being, good old fashioned homicides and sex crimes.
- In Vernal, Utah, four men - all of whom are unquestionably of Hispanic persuasion - have been arrested for gang-raping a 9-year-old while her mother smoked meth.
- 20-year-old Latino Jorge Solis - as if you couldn't tell he was Latino by his moniker - has been sentenced to 50 years in prison for killing three people, including two children under the age of 8, in a 2015 car wreck. The Father's Day collision - in the most horrifically ironic of fashions - lead to the death of 49-year old Michael Osborne and paralyzed 3-year-old Clayton Flood as well. At the time of his arrest, Solis - who was already on probation for an earlier DUI - posted a .125 B.A.C.
- Want to see the racial supply chain of death and misery in action? The New York Times reports that cheap heroin shipped in from Mexico by the Sinaola Cartel is fueling St. Louis' nation-leading homicide rate - which, as fate would have it, consists almost entirely of young, African-American gangbangers blowing each other away to make money selling life-destroying narcotics to an overwhelmingly white base of substance abusers.
- 16-year-old Nicholas Hermes Cain - it's not confirmed he's Hispanic, but his photos certainly suggest it - has been arrested for leaving the scene of an automobile crash that cost 53-year-old tanker driver Robert D. Drewelus his life. Cain was apprehended after he posted pictures of his banged up Volvo online, complete with emojis depicting a winking smiley face and a pictograph of a big rig.
- The state of Texas executed Pablo Lucio Vasquez on April 6. Vasquez - go on, take a guess what his ethnicity is! - was found guilty the 1998 murder of a 12-year-old boy. After pummeling David Cardenas to death with a lead pipe, Vasquez slit the child's throat and drank his blood. His final words before getting the lethal injection? Rather ominously - and sans a bit of remorse - "see you on the other side."
And all of a sudden, all that talk about building a Great Wall of Mexico, if but for a moment, becomes just a smidge more reasonable...
Some ... interesting ... developments in the ongoing European migrant crisis
Over in the land of Hegel, Heidegger, Hitler and - perhaps most unfortunately, Hasselhoff - the influx of Muslim "asylum seekers" shows no signs of slowing down. And with it comes some fairly intriguing poll numbers, which seem to suggest a lot of native-born Europeans ain't exactly all that cool with Islamic invaders - I mean, totally welcome guests - taking up residence in their ancestral homelands. A recent survey conducted by a French agency found that two-thirds of Germans favored ending Europe's "open border" policies, while another poll reveals Britons over the age of 50 are so god-dang fed up over the migrant crisis that they want the U.K. to withdraw from the E.U. altogether. Of course, all of this is just a bunch of needless fearmongering and "othering" of a misunderstood, marginalized religious minority, and all these "nativist" Europeans need to shut their vile, racist traps and accept "modernity" like everybody else. I mean, it's not like there are surveys out there revealing half of all Muslims in England want homosexuality outlawed, or atheists in Bangladesh being hacked to death by Islamofascists, or confirmed reports that Cologne police were ordered to remove the term "rape" from highly-publicized sexual assault incidents so as to not offend the Muhammadan newcomers or anything. Jeez, the way these prejudiced white folks are acting, you'd think Islamic jihadists have killed nearly 6,000 people and injured another 7,500 in 39 countries in just the first four months of 2016 or something. Preposterous, no?
Higher education, lower intelligence
Oh, American colleges - those glorious bastions of liberal indoctrination that, these days, are only good for producing debt-laden, unlearned Bernie Sanders supporters who can't explain what objectivity is, but can tell you at least four or five ways eating tacos is inherently offensive. Public or private, rest assured that post-secondary education in these United States is doing a bang-up job of turning our gilded young people into the most cerebrally castrated citizenry since Hitler Youth was a thing. Examples, you demand? Why, I thought you'd never ask!
- Despite months and months of debate, Princeton University ultimately decided to NOT scrub the name of Woodrow Wilson from their public policy school. "Princeton must openly and candidly recognize that Wilson, like other historical figures, leaves behind a complex legacy of both positive and negative repercussions," the university stated in an official release, "and that the use of his name implies no endorsement of views and actions that conflict with the values and aspirations of our times." Unsurprisingly, Princeton's Black Justice League (no, that's actually what they named themselves) ain't too fond of the call, stating "Princeton, as an institution, has scarcely been ahead of its time or on the right side of history." So, uh, does that include Princeton's time-honored tradition of spotting black students 230 free SAT points just for just having more melanin than other students, too?
- Students at Scripps College in California are FURIOUS the administration invited former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to be their commencement speaker. Their rationale? Albright is, and I quote, "a white feminist." One student on social media urged protests, calling for "some sort of show of disagreement with Albright and what she stands for." For the record, Scripps invited Angela Davis - as in, the card carrying member of the Black Panthers and Communist Party USA - to speak at the university earlier this year.
- Students at Indiana University had the scare of a lifetime April 4, when pupils observed what they thought was a KKK member roaming the hallways with a whip. As it turns out, the "klansman" was actually a Dominican friar clad in the ceremonial white habit and robe.
- Student protesters briefly interrupted a Chicago Symphony Orchestra performance April 2. About a dozen members of the IIRON and IIRON Student Network forced their way into the concert, holding up signs reading "millionaires pay your fair share" and "support education - tax large corporations." According to The Chicago Classical Review, trumpeter John Hagstrom received a standing ovation from the audience after he yanked down a student banner espousing some kind of Bernie Sanders Marxist-lite bullshit.
- It's not just American colleges that are suffering from an overdose on regressive leftism. At the University of Edinburgh, 22-year-old music student and V.P. of the university student's association of academic affairs Imogen Wilson was kicked out of a student council debate for violating the venue's strict "safe space" policies. Wilson's unforgivable transgression? She raised her hand in a fashion that "denoted disagreement" with another student's statements.
- A sorority at Dartmouth University - the same place where black student protesters physically assaulted innocent bystanders in a library demonstration last fall - has cancelled a Kentucky Derby-themed party after #BLM protesters accused the Kappa Delta Epsilon event of being "overtly racist" and "recreating an Antebellum South atmosphere on the Ivy League campus." For the record, the first Kentucky Derby took place in 1875 - a good ten years after the Civil War ended.
- Hey, remember a few weeks ago when students at Emory University were literally having nervous breakdowns over the fact somebody wrote "Trump 2016" in chalk on the campus pavement? Well, that has apparently inspired scores of college students who are sick and goddamn tired of everybody being a bunch of aggrieved pussies to take to their own campuses and scrawl similar pro-Donald messages. Described on social media as #TheChalkening, pro-Trump messages have recently been spotted at Ohio State, Mississippi State, the University of Nebraska, the College of William & Mary and about two dozen other places of what we used to call "higher education" - which, in turns, gives us just a teeny, tiny glimmer that, maybe, just maybe, the kids are all right, after all.
- And portending that the super-duper-hyper-easily-offended-cult-of-perpetual-victimization college culture may have reached critical mass, the goddamn U.S. Commission on Civil Rights has come down hard on the faculty and staff at American University after they filed a letter declaring someone leaving an "all lives matter" note on a professors door was an "act of intolerance." Commission members Gail Heriot and Peter Kirsanow responded to the complaint by describing it thusly: "The response of American University faculty and staff was nothing short of Orwellian ... even sillier, the letter calls the obviously true statement - that the lives of all members of the human species are valuable 'a rallying cry for many who espouse ideas of white supremacy ... equating a student making a legitimate and utterly unobjectionable point with a white supremacist is nonsensical."
Hold on to your horses, folks - good old-fashioned gumption might just be making a comeback in academia's War Against Common Sense.
Much ado about rape - whether legitimate, implied, fabricated or encouraged
Although there are at least ten things we know for a fact are worse, rape is pretty much considered the ultimate 21st societal sin. I mean, killing people in cold blood and horribly maiming babies will get you a free pass pending you are a "protected class" that can blame your actions on some sort of make-believe institutional prejudice, but violently and forcibly placing your penis inside someone is U-N-F-O-R-G-I-V-A-B-L-E, no matter what minoritarian subgroup you have surrendered your individual identity (and thought processes) to. Well, for the most part, as you will soon see...
- In Alabama, 46-year-old Demetrius Andre Culver has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for sexually molesting a 97-year-old woman. Culver's two-decade lock-up is actually a concurrent sentence; while he was sentenced to 15 years in prison for the sex abuse, he was given a 20-year-sentence for burglary.
- An Ohio woman has been arrested by authorities for live streaming her boyfriend raping a 17-year-old on Periscope in February. The accused 18-year-old female and 29-year-old male are staring down a litany of charges, including kidnapping, sexual battery and "illegal use of a minor in nude-oriented material or performance."
- Rapper Azealia Banks isn't a very big fan of former vice presidential hopeful Sarah Palin. In fact, Banks dislikes the ex Alaska governor so damn much, she took to Twitter to state "Sarah Palin needs to have her hair shaved off to a buzz cut, get headfucked by a big, veiny ashy black dick then be locked in a cupboard" and "let's find the biggest burliest blackest niggas and let them run a train on her." Despite advocating a public figure be gang-raped, Twitter didn't remove the content from Banks' account. So does this mean Phil Anselmo would get a free pass, too, if he demanded the Aryan Nations sodomize Michelle Obama?
- On April 6, Judge Shirley Werner Kornreich tossed a lawsuit by overrated pop-starlet Kesha alleging she was raped by long-time producer Dr. Luke. That should hardly be a surprise, seeing as how Kesha swore under oath in a videotaped deposition that he never drugged her or took advantage of her ... all the way back in 2011.
- Hey, remember when Rolling Stone ran that story about a horrendous rape at UVA that turned out to be horrendously made up? Well, a judge has ordered the fictitious "rape victim" from the article to testify under oath for the first time, as part of a $7.85 million lawsuit filed by the university's associate dean of students - who, if she was a truly just soul - would donate at least half of her winnings to the fraternity members who had their lives ruined by Rolling Stone's criminally negligent fabrication.
- And pretty much spelling the end of Western Civilization as we know it? Karsten Nordal Hauken - a Norwegian politician who was brutally sodomized by a Somali asylum seeker - has apologized to his attacker for getting him deported. "My life fell into ruin, but now I feel guilty about him being sent out of the country," the self-described "young Socialist Left Party member, feminist and anti-racist" told the Norse media. "But I also had a strong feeling of guilt and responsibility. I was the reason that he would not be in Norway anymore, but rather sent to a dark, uncertain future in Somalia."
There's promoting a culture of victimization and there's embracing white guilt. But exonerating an asshole rapist just because he's Sub-Saharan? Yeah, that's not just political correctness run amok - it's downright psychotic self-loathing.
Georgia is once again one of the best states in the Union
When it comes to the worst of humanity, few states do a better job exemplifying the deplorable condition of being than my home state of Georgia (or as the locals pronounce it, Outta-mah-way-white-honkey-muddah-fuggah.) Per the norm, here's a quick and dirty run down of all the dirtiest stuff going down in the "cultural capital" of The Dirty South as of late:
- In Lilburn, Wal-Mart loss-prevention officer JD Ferguson was shot and killed by Boaz Anthony Fordyce, who was attempting to wheel three flat-screen televisions out of the big box store.
- By all accounts, Barney Simms was one of the most decent human beings you would have found in Atlanta. He was a member of the Atlanta Housing Authority for 14 years and was the chair of the Fulton County DFCS Advisory Board and the Andrew and Walter Young Family YMCA. He was shot and killed in his driveway in an apparent carjacking on April 9. Police arrested 17-year-old Eric Banks on April 14. According to surveillance video, he appears to have dined with Mr. Simms less than four hours before the murder.
- Mark your calendars for April 18! That's when local rabblerouser James Stachowiak plans on holding an armed, unpermitted demonstration outside the statehouse that he describes as an "anti-Islam and Islamic immigration refugee rally." Among other highlights, he said, include the shredding of the Koran, along with effigies of Hilary Clinton, Barack Obama, the prophet Muhammad and Loretta Lynch.
- On April 12, the state of Georgia executed death row inmate Kenneth Fults. The move was not without its fair share of controversy, as opponents of the execution brought up the fact that one of the jurors - years after Fults' trial - stated "that's what that nigger deserved." Fults, by the way, pled guilty to the 1996 murder of 20-year-old Cathy Bounds, who had more than six feet of electrical tape wrapped around her head before being shot five times in the back of her skull. Although Fults' supporters claim that he was too incompetent to receive the death penalty, he apparently wasn't too incompetent to pen a letter after the murder describing in detail how much fun it was to kill his victim.
And the fact that there are people out there who think a cold-blooded murderer deserves mercy simply because somebody said a racial epithet tells you just how brain-damaged the cult of hyper-political correctness has gotten, don't it?
Two studies that in no way, shape or form portend the end of American exceptionalism
Since the late, late 1800s, America has been the preeminent geopolitical (and geo-economic) force on the planet. However, all good things must come to an end eventually, and two recent studies suggest the end of the line might just pop up in our lifetime. First up is a new Gallup survey titled Free Expression on Campus, which reveals, among other startling findings, that...
- 27 percent of college students believe places of higher education should create policies that eliminate "upsetting or offensive" speech.
- 28 percent of college students believe universities should bar reporters from covering college campus protests.
- 20 percent of college students do not believe their universities are doing enough to deter "offensive speech" from taking place.
- 56 percent of college students believe general society isn't doing enough to "accommodate" the religious beliefs of others. (Presumably, they mean everybody who isn't a member of the Judeo-Christian faiths, I take it.)
- 46 percent of college students ONLY get their news from websites like Buzzfeed or things posted on Facebook or Twitter
- 74 percent of college students believe it is too easy for things to be stated online "anonymously."
Aye, such is already a perfect storm for a hyper-politically-correct inverse crypto-socialist utopia, but just you wait! The Wall Street Journal reports that 43 percent of all student borrowers in the U.S. haven't paid a single god-damn mother-fucking dime on their college loans, with one out of every six Americans with student loan debt currently in default.
So nearly half of the post-grad populace in the country is on pace to never pay back the $200 billion in public funds they "borrowed" and about a quarter of the next-generation of bachelor's degree holdin' deadbeats believe their arbitrary group identification is so fragile that the First Amendment needs to be superseded to protect it.
It's only April, but there's already plenty of Mayhem
Spring is such a beautiful time of year. The birds are chirping, the bees are buzzing, and Jack Frost's cold, icy grip slowly but surely gives way to the warm, bright and sunny summer months. It's also a pretty good time of year for heinous child abuse and unspeakable acts of extremist violence, too, as all of the lamentable stories below indicate:
- In the U.K., two 15-year-old girls have been given life sentences for the brutal torture and murder of 39-year-old Angela Wrightson. Investigators said the murderous moffets, who were just 13 and 14 at the time of the homicide, struck their victim with more than two dozen objects - including a shovel, television set and computer printer - over a grisly five hour torture session. Unbelievably, the prepubescent perpetrators had the ghastly gall to post images of Wrightson's bruised and battered body online, as well.
- In Mississippi, 23-year-old Alex McComb has been charged with 27 counts of felonious child abuse. Furthering demonstrating the inextricable link between online disinhibition and sociopathic narcissism, McComb appears to have recorded ALL 27 instances of himself beating the dog shit out of a disabled 5-year-old girl on his phone.
- Four Los Angeles County social workers have been charged with falsifying public records and child abuse for their parts in the beating death of Gabriel Fernandez, an 8-year-old child, in 2013. "By minimizing the significance of the physical, mental and emotional injuries that Gabriel suffered, these social workers allowed a vulnerable boy to remain at home and continue to be abused," a prosecutor told an L.A. TV station. Each of the four social workers are staring down 10 year sentences for their alleged misdeeds.
- On April 3, 36-year-old Melissa Boarts, who was threatening to kill herself with a pocket knife, was shot and killed By Auburn, Ala. police when her parents called 911 on her. You are probably wondering why this isn't a bigger story, seeing as how mental health and police brutality are two of the hottest topics in the national public policy debate. One look at Ms. Boarts, though, and you'll know exactly why the media didn't turn her into a cause celebre a'la Eric Garner or Michael Brown.
- Forget firearm control, over in India it looks like they need tighter fireworks restrictions. More than 100 people were killed and an additional 400 injured when a massive blaze triggered by a botched fireworks demonstration engulfed a temple in Kerala April 9. Triple digit religious ceremony massacres aren't really an aberration in India, however; well over 100 people were killed at a stampede in Madhya Pradesh in 2013, over 220 were killed at Jodhpur's Mehrangarh Fort in 2008, and just five years ago, Kerala witnessed yet another festival stampede in which 100 plus people perished.
- A task force report finds that Chicago's police department is "plagued by systemic racism," with African-Americans (who represent about a third of the city's total populace) also representing approximately three-fourths of all Chicagoans shot by officers. The very same day those findings were announced, however, FiveThirtyEight released a separate report detailing an indisputable correlation between a massive downturn in Chicago arrest rates and the city's exploding homicide rate. Despite the fact that inner city young black men are killing each other off at rates exponentially higher than they are being gunned down by the local P.D., the media - and really, the contemporary cultural zeitgeist - seems to be perfectly OK with the latter findings, though. Talk about your so-called "progressive ideals" - in order to not appear prejudiced, we're totally cool with letting thousands of minorities murder each other instead of employing effective, yet inherently discriminatory, interventions. Welcome to 21st century America, folks - where we'd rather let black youths kill each other in record numbers than allow police to prevent needless homicides via evidence-based profiling tactics because some people might construe them to be just a teeny, tiny bit racist.
For decades, African-Americans suffered horrific abuse at the hands of a zealous, racist society. And if what's going on in Chicago is a bellwether for the rest of the country, it looks like they're going to suffer even more under the watchful eye of a new, zealous, anti-racist society.
...and a few headlines that speak for themselves...
Nashville cop of the year beat up responding to domestic violence incident
Google removes Taliban app from store
Tampa teacher draws criticism for making students fill out "privilege" form
Washington Post columnist urges readers to raise cats "gender neutral"
California legislator blames son for public funds spent on video game downloads
Soccer team fights racism by digitally altering photograph to make entire team black
Poem about Chinese food in The New Yorker accused of promoting racism
Eva Tiamat Baphomet Medusa becomes world's first "trans-dragon"
New Jersey students punished for playing "Jews vs. Nazis" beer pong
New Jersey man staring down jail time for Donald Trump fan
The Atlantic urges readers to never punish children for any reason whatsoever
Dubai clerics issue fatwa against stealing neighbors' Wi-Fi
Hardline feminist group demands Amazon pull all Trump products
Online dating site savaged for describing freckles as "imperfections"
Porn site shows solidarity with LGBT population by barring services in North Carolina
Obama signs order forgiving $7.7 billion in college debt owed by the disabled
"Socialism is a conspiracy of losers against achievers," says Russian Jew living in Bay Area